Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My life in 250 words or less

Rather than telling you boring information such as where I am from and when I was born, I will instead share a few anecdotes from my life that hopefully one would find interesting. When I was about three, my parents told me that the green M and M's were mosquito repellent pills. After seeing how devastated and distraught I was upon hearing the truth, my parents resolved to never lie to their children, even in fun. When I was a freshman in high school I had the opportunity to play in a varsity volleyball tournament, to hopefully show that I could compete at a high level. I played so poorly that I would probably consider it the most embarrassing moment of my life. However, the story does have a happy ending in that I played three years on varsity following my freshman year. Last semester I started the year by missing my very first college test because of a time deadline whose existence somehow bypassed me. I missed the test again when I failed to check my email to learn that the test had been extended to the next day. Needless to say I felt very foolish. However, this story also has a happy ending in that my professor dropped the lowest test score and I finished the class with an A.

These are just a few experiences that have affected my life, and because I am out of words the rest will have to wait for another day.

No comments: